Ad Lib Group Writing ProjectBy
Ever get stumped for blog post ideas? Randa Clay and I were recently discussing ideas for a group writing project. Liz Strauss’ Blogging Metaphor Project and Brian Clark’s recent Cosmo Headlines idea on Copyblogger project for coming up with blog topics were great inspirations. We decided that the great advertising slogans would also be great inspiration for blog posts! So, we would like to introduce the Ad Lib Group Writing Project!
Here’s the deal: you write a blog post inspired by a great ad slogan and then send the permalink either to Randa or me (cpolanosky [at] gmail [dot] com). The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, March 12th. To sweeten the deal, Randa and I will each choose an entry that strikes us as the most creative or best application of the slogan and reward the author with their choice of either a $20 Amazon or iTunes gift certificate. (yes, that means there will be two winners)
Here are a few great ad slogans to get you started:
1. A diamond is forever (De Beers, 1950)
2. Just do it (Nike, 1988)
3. The pause that refreshes (Coca-Cola, 1929)
4. Tastes great, less filling (Miller Lite)
5. We try harder (Avis, 1962)
6. Good to the last drop (Maxwell House, 1915)
7. Breakfast of champions (Wheaties)
8. Does she â€¦ or doesn’t she? (Clairol, 1964)
9. When it rains it pours (Morton Salt, 1911)
10. Where’s the beef? (Wendy’s, 1984)
If none of those strike you, feel free to use one of your own favorites or pick one from a larger list at Wikiquote.
We will reveal the winners, compile the full list of entries, and post them on our sites for everyone to enjoy after March 12!