Archive for Blogtipping
It’s the first of the month and that means it is time to go Blogtipping! For those of you who are not familiar with blogtipping, it is was started by Easton at Business Blogwire as a way of sharing new blogs with your readers, giving kudos to another blogger, and having fun.
If you do blogtipping in itâ€™s purest form, you name three blogs, tell why you like them and give a constructive tip to the blogger. But, feel free to put your own spin on it!
This month I have been introduced to an extremely talented blogger/designer named Lara. She has (at least) three blogs so I am going to tip each one of them – they definitely deserve the attention. And did I mention that Lara is just finishing up her senior year of high school? This girl has got a very bright future.
Blog What? Design
Lara and Christian have such a sleek looking site for their blog design business – Blog What? Design! Everything is clean, well organized and very creative. Their portfolio speaks for itself, too!
Crunchy Mustard is very witty group blog made up of Lara and three of her blogging buddies. Another super fresh and creative design! The topics are a bid more open ended, but this group of young adults are years ahead of their peers in maturity.
Even Lara’s personal blog The Desired is cooler than cool!
On this one I love the colors, the soft navigation bar and the about information front and center.
So, have you gone blogtipping yet? You should try it – it’s fun. Easton will even let you use his cool blogtipping sign graphic (just right click and save to your own server though). And, as an added bonus – Easton is pretty good about giving out link love to all the participants.
I meant to do my blogtipping yesterday but real life intervened. For those of you who are not familiar with blogtipping, it is was started by Easton at Business Blogwire and it is a way of sharing new blogs with your readers, giving kudos to another blogger, and having fun.
If you do blogtipping in it’s purest form, you name three blogs, tell why you like them and give a constructive tip to the blogger. But, feel free to put your own spin on it!
My blog tipping for this month includes:
- The Wrong Advices – I find his tag line to be fascinating – “random thoughts of a dot com orphan” – there is definitely a story there and I’ll need to hang out at this blog more to find out. There is a good mix of serious posts and fun posts.
- Fresh Yields – I love the simple, clean design and appreciate Steve’s point of view. Fresh Yields is also the name of Steve’s web design firm – another reason I am quickly becoming a loyal reader – and he brings his expertise into his posts. Oh, and one more reason – Steve and his wife just started Babblz.com – a place for family oriented blogs to share their articles in a Digg-like setting.
- Prime Advertising – It is nice to see more companies reaping the rewards of blogging. Aaron at Prime Advertising started blogging in February and I don’t think he will be looking back anytime soon. The layout and colors are beautiful, the content is helpful, and Aaron writes with a professional, yet approachable style.
If you haven’t done your blogtipping for the month yet, what’s stopping you? Easton won’t mind if you are a day or so late. And neither will we.
Tags: Blog Tipping
It’s March 1 and that means it is time to do some blogtipping! If you’ve never played before, the original idea is to pick three blogs that you enjoyed this month and let us know who they are. Tell us three things that you like about the blog, and one constructive tip to help the blogger take the blog to the next level. However, I am doing my own thing this month! For more about blogtipping, check in with Easton at Business Blogwire.
My picks this month:
- Healthy Web Design by Dawud Miracle – Dawud is in a similar situation to me. He has been designing web sites for 10 years and now finds himself with an identity crisis. After all these years, our level of expertise and interests have created a new challenge. Web site design is only a small part of what we do. I find myself drawn to Dawud’s site for its clean design, logical navigation, and because he is writing about topics that I am wrangling with, too.
- Bob Glaza at One Reader At A Time – Bob’s blog is a refreshing mix of commentary, education and networking. You know his site has lots to offer, he recently earned his SOB badge from Successful Blog.
- Blogger Design – This blog is full of great information for new and experienced bloggers. I really like the recent post on the Pros and Cons of WordPress 2.1. I must say I really like the layout of this one too. The three column design with just the right color combination works so well.
I hope you enjoy discovering some new blogs this month! For some other great blogs, check out who I have tipped in the past.