Archive for Fun Fridays
I bet many of you thought I fell off the face of the earth this week! I haven’t. That ol’ 4th of July holiday in the middle of the week coupled with getting my blog contest prizes in the mail and working on some new projects has consumed my brain power.
So, just a few random thoughts today.
- Did anyone notice that I put the 164 Essential Tools up top and right at your fingertips? And it is on the right at the moment, too – as the most popular post on this site. Thanks to all my contributors! And speaking of contributors, I am accepting candidates for future Essential Tools posts now. If you are interested, leave me a comment and I will send you the guidelines.
- CrazyEgg. Wow. I used CrazyEgg to get a feel for where visitors were coming from, clicking on, and such back when the service first debuted. It was very useful, but I eventually removed it. I decided to check it out again as I tweak a few of my sites and have been most impressed. Not only can you use the heat map option to quickly see where your visitors are clicking, but the new Confetti view ROCKS. I love its sleek “iPhone” look, but the referrers, top search terms, browser info, and time to click information is really valuable.
- And from the crew at Mingle2 who also brought you the “How addicted to coffee are you?” and the “How addicted to blogging are you?” quizzes, I bring you “How Geek Are You?” – Me, I’m 64% geek. I’m sure it would have been higher without the comic book and Star Trek questions.
Here is hoping you have a great weekend! I have plans to relax and recharge my brain!
One year ago today I made my very first post on this blog, Essential Keystrokes. Wow! What a year it has been.
I am truly amazed at the people I have met and the things I have learned in this past year. What started out as research for some clients, has turned into a tool to really take my business to the next level. All I can say is THANK YOU to all of my readers, commenters and friends for joining me on this journey.
Anyone who really knows me will tell you, that when it comes to my own birthday, I always manage to stretch out the celebration for a full week! I plan on doing that here, too. And I won’t be the one getting all the presents – it will be you. I have a full week of spectacular posts planned and as of right now I have three giveaways planned, too.
Be sure you are subscribed to my feed or make a point to stop in all week – you won’t want to miss the fun.Â Looking for some cake? We are dishing up the virtual party treats at my other blog, Casual Keystrokes – afterall, it’s Friday. Come join us.
PS – If you have a giveaway you would like to donate to the party, let me know! In return, you will be showered in link love and gratitude.
I’m on the go this morning – something about real life and needing to do something with my crew. LOL. Anyhow, here are some of the highlights found in my reader this week. Enjoy!
- I love this comparison between ads, PR, branding and user reviews using cartoons at Bazaarblog.
- Design Adaptations shares a really cool tool for those who like stripes – an automatic stripe generator!
- The Times Gives You 50 More Blogs to Read – the 50 best business blogs according to the times – thanks Leah.
- What is Sk*rt? It’s Like Digg for Women. You can also read Ponn’s take on it.
- b5Media celebrates 200 blogs! (I am proud to be a part of those 200 – you can catch me at WearyParent)
What was your favorite read this week? I’d love to know! Leave the link (no junk please – I’ll have to use my veto powers) of one of your favorite posts this week – one you think my readers will like too, in the comments. And have a great weekend.