Archive for Making Money Online
Do you create videos for your website? Did you know that you can monetize those videos with product links that are relevant to the video’s content? If you are a member of the ShareASale affiliate network, you now have a pretty amazing tool that will allow you to recommend individual products throughout your own videos and generate revenue from those product recommendations.
Let’s say you have a craft site and you do a video containing step by step instructions for creating a project. With the Make-a-Video tool, you can go back through the video and link to merchants (that are part of ShareASale) that sell the materials you used in your video. How cool is that? ShareASale has so many different merchants in their program that chances are, what ever your video topic is, there is a product that would be a good match.
Another example – would you ever imagine that a video about a golf event would be the perfect opportunity to recommend a ballroom dancing product? Think again.
Better yet, go to the ShareASale blog and watch the video tutorial on creating your own monetized video, then watch the finished product below to see how golf and ballroom connect. If you are patient and watch the entire golf event video, you might just see a lady wearing a purple shirt sink a pretty fabulous putt… (hint, that’s me).
Disclosure: I was one of the invited guests to the ShareASale Think Tank event and had the pleasure of playing (sleep deprived) in the Golf Event. I also use ShareASale to monetize many of my sites. However, their Make-A-Video tool is still awesome, and you needed to know about it!
There are countless ways to earn money via the Web, whether you have a small business web site, a niche product site, or anything in between. One of the most popular posts on this site has been the one I did on Website Monetization: A Reality Check. Since that time, I have experimented with additional monetization strategies – some work, some don’t – and some work better than others depending on your site goals, traffic levels and audience. I am planning a follow up post to the Website Monetization one, but in the meantime, I’d like some feedback from YOU.
What monetization methods do you use? Take this quick poll and let me know.
Now for the fun part. What monetization methods are working BEST for you? Leave a comment letting us know what type of site you have and what monetization methods are making the most for you. I will be including some of the reponses and the results of the poll in an upcoming post.
One of the most popular ad sizes among web publishers is the 125 x 125 square. The reasons – they are compact, affordable, and can be displayed in a variety of ways. The team at PerformancingAds realizes this and has built an ad network focused entirely on these popular blocks.
PerformancingAds opened today for all web publishers. Now publishers with sites of any size can join and tap into yet another stream of revenue for their sites.
PerformancingAds is not like all the others – there are definitely aspects of the program that make them unique and worth checking out!
- You determine where on your site the 125×125 ads will appear. Define as many regions as you’d like and you set the price you want to sell each ad for.
- The ad exchange program is very cool! You create your own ad and place it in the exchange pool. These ads are shown on other publishers’ sites in empty ad spots.
- You can book your own ads! Use PerformancingAds to promote affiliate content on your site or your own flagship content.
- You get paid on the 1st of the month immediately following the advertisers’ purchase. That is so much better than waiting for 30 to 60 days for payment.
- Advertisers purchase ads for 1 week at a time. By allowing advertisers this weekly option, you get a larger group of potential advertisers thanks to a lower threshold for advertiser entry.
- PerformancingAds is built by publishers for publishers – the team behind the network are some of the most successful in the business and are the same team that have brought us pMetrics, Hive and Performancing. And they have a sales team actively promoting the program and working for the publishers.
- The PerformancingAds affiliate program creates recurring income – now that is awesome!
Go check out PerformancingAds today! I have been part of the network since the pre-launch and have already sold ads and have been paid for them.