Dreamweaver for Designers – DVD GiveawayBy
In the fall, I was sent a copy of Sue Jenkins’ Dreamweaver for Designers training DVD to review. I was really interested in giving it a look, since I have been using Dreamweaver to build websites since 1998.
The Class on Demand self-paced instructional DVD is ideal for beginners and intermediate users looking to learn Dreamweaver. Class on Demand Dreamweaver for Designers takes students through the fundamentals of web site and application creation for users of Dreamweaver MX 2004 all the way through Dreamweaver CS3.
Topic highlights include:
- Dreamweaver Environment Understanding the application layout and learning the basic navigation flow to structuring the web site.
- Implementing Graphics Mocking layouts in Photoshop.
- Understanding size and file types.
- Creating slices.
- Creating Web Pages Inserting images, creating hyperlinks, adding tables, creating style sheets and inserting comments into Dreamweaver code.
- Building Navigation Menus Structuring navigation menus, building button, rollovers and image maps.
- Incorporate media objects.
- Working with Layers and Templates Create and work with templates.
- Understand server-side workings.
I have finished looking over the DVD and found it useful (even to an advanced user). Rather than keep it for myself, I would like to give one of my readers the opportunity to learn more about Dreamweaver! I am giving away one copy of Dreamweaver for Designers to a random commenter.
To be eligible to win all you need to do is leave me a comment on this post telling me what software you use for web design and why. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate. If you are already a Dreamweaver user, tell me what you like or dislike about it. You can also post about the giveaway for an additional entry (but that is not required).
The contest will end midnight EST on February 1, 2008.