Essential Tools – Blogging Expertise StyleBy
What started off as an aside to a conversation with Liz Strauss has grown into a true staple of this blog. This is the 23rd post in the Essential Tools series and I am truly thankful for all of my participants so far, as they have taught us all some new tricks!
This week’s edition features Sarah Lewis of Blogging Expertise. Sarah is known for her super coding skills that can take a blog from so-so to wow in the eyes of the search engines – just ask eMom, Wendy. The following are Sarah’s recommendations.
Sarah’s Tools for Success
- Google Analytics: This free statistics tool helps Sarah monitor and analyze her blog promotions.
- Sitening SEO Tools: Extremely useful free tools that Sarah uses all the time for analyzing a site’s search engine potential, tracking current rankings for keywords, and researching potential link swaps.
- WordPress (the full version): Sarah’s worked with a wide variety of blogging tools and constantly recommends WordPress (free) for its great community support and unique ability to run whole sites in addition to blogs.
- Google Reader: This free tool makes it easy for Sarah to stay caught up with her favorite blogs and stay active in the blogging conversation.
- Textmate: A fabulous Mac-only code editor and the primary reason Sarah switched to a Mac for her main work computer.
- del.icio.us: Sarah’s bookmarks are always available to her (and others, which has lead to some very cool collaborative projects), regardless of where she’s at and which computer she’s using.
Since I am on a PC and a Mac, I will need to check out Textmate. I would love to be using my Mac more often for development and this might be the push I need.
Previously featured: Kelly King Anderson (Start Up Princess), Adam Kayce (Monk at Work), Ponn Sabra (Empower Women Now), Easton Ellsworth (Business Blogwire), Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei (Cottontimer), Daivid Airey (Creative Design), Wendy Piersall (eMomsAtHome), Randa Clay (Randa Clay), Ingo Scheusse (stixster), Jason Kaneshiro (Webomatica), Ben Yoskovitz (Instigator Blog), Phil Gerbyshak (Make It Great), Jason Alba (Jibber Jobber), Tony Clark (Success from the Nest), Gayla McCord (MomGadget), Mike Sansone (Converstations), Jennifer Hadorn (Bloggertunity), Robyn Tippins (Practical Blogging), Liz Strauss (Successful Blog) – you could be next – just drop me a line at charlene [at] keystrokes [dot] net!