Essential Tools Featuring WordPress Designer Rebecca DiamondBy
Are you ready for the long weekend? I know I am! But, before I sign off for the weekend (ok, who am I trying to fool, I will be online at least a little bit), I want to introduce you to another super talented WordPress designer, Rebecca Diamond of StudioPress and Rebwebdesign.com. Rebecca became such a fan of Brian Gardner’s StudioPress themes, she actually works full time for StudioPress these days.
- Gmail – after a disastrous Thunderbird crash in which I lost a year’s worth of archived email, I now route everything through Gmail
- CoffeeCup Direct FTP – it can edit php and html directly on the server. For $40, it was a lot less expensive than one of the more well-known FTP/editing clients out there, so it’s what I learned on. It’s worked so well that I’ve never switched it for another program!
- Photoshop – Goes (almost) without saying!
- Favorite WordPress Plugins – Dynamic Content Gallery, Genesis Simple Hooks, and Gravity Forms
- Tweetdeck / Twitter – again, a business given these days. Plus it’s fun to catch up on little snippets of everyone’s life!
- Skype -it lets me be in contact with clients around the world, travels with me, works on my cell phone – I love it.
- PayPal – for fast, easy and convenient client billing
- And for collaborating on big projects I like Action Method Online. It keeps everyone in the loop much better than a huge email chain cc’d everywhere.
Thanks for being part of this series, Rebecca, and for sharing a tool that is new to me – Action Method Online. I love learning about new tools for productivity!
Subscribe to the Essential Keystrokes feed so you don’t miss a single Essential Tools feature. If you are interested in sharing your essential tools for business, drop me a line at cpolanosky [at] gmaildotcom.