Happy New Year Blogtipping Day!By
Happy 2007 everyone! Let’s hope for a challenging, successful and happy New Year. It is the first of the month, which means it is time to go Blogtipping. This simple exercise is a must do. Here are the basics:
- Select three blogs (could be your favorites, new favorites or new discoveries)
- Highlight three positives about each blog
- Give one piece of constructive criticism (that’s the tip)
- Don’t forget to categorize or tag it as blogtipping
I have added quite a few new blogs to my daily reads over the last month. From these new blogs I have learned some, laughed some and have been made to think, too.
1. Sandy took a rather ho-hum list of good blogs and made it something special in her recent post called Z-Listers are Now Pic Shots.
2. Her blog has a nice variety of business related posts, review, and social networking style posts.
3. Sandy’s side bar is chock full of useful information, from who she is to where else you can read her work to the books she recommends.
My tip: Add either more white space between posts or some other visual separator. My eye has a hard time deciding where one post ends and a new one begins.
1. Andrew’s recent post called Kickstart Your Blogging Business and Make Big Money: 7 Reality Checks has to be one of the best posts I have read in a long time. Plenty of sage advice, humor and good images.
3. I like the Most Popular Posts segment in the sidebar.
My Tip: Clean up the side bar. Add some white space between sections/widgets.
1. I love that everytime I visit this blog it has a new header featuring a different designer, photographer, illustrator, and such.
2. Cat has done a nice job on the sidebar – using more creative terms like Hungry? instead of Feed and Curious? instead of Navigation or Menu.
3. It is nice to see that Cat is back from her travels and has even alphabetized that Z-list that Sandy made into pictures.
My tip: Sorry Cat, not much to request for improvement. I am looking forward to you posting a bit more often. And yes, I know I still owe you something – will get on that soon.
So, who will you tip today?