Archive for Brian Gardner
In December 2006 I had a conversation with Liz Strauss about the tools we use to run our businesses online. That conversation led to a series of Essential Tools posts featuring Internet Pros from all over the globe. The last Essential Tools feature I did was in late 2007. Since times change and so do the tools we use to keep our businesses running, I decided that it was time to bring the series back starting with Brian Gardner’s tools for online success!
For those of you who do not know Brian Gardner already, Brian truly revolutionized the Word Press community in August 2007 with the release of his groundbreaking Revolution themes. Since then Brian has gone on to create a very successful business by creating premium Word Press themes (and an entire community around it) that give business owners (and individuals) the ability to have a professional looking web site with out having to spend thousands of dollars to achieve that look. Brian’s Studio Press themes are some of the best coded and most flexible themes available – not to mention they look great right out of the “box”.
So, what does this Starbucks-loving, Word Press Master consider to be essential tools for his online business? It’s pretty simple, really:
- Gmail – all Brian’s email gets routed through Gmail.
- The StudioPress/AgentPress theme support forums are critical to the success of his business, therefore Brian chose vBulletin as the platform. vBulletin is considered to be one of the most powerful platforms for online communities.
- Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop – every designer needs graphic tools to make WordPress themes!
- Twitter - Brian uses Twitter a lot more than Facebook for networking, and for general business communication.
- iTunes – Brian loves music – he gets through the workday listening to music – and it helps put him into the mood when it comes time for coding and development.
Stop back next week for more essential tools for success, featuring digital artist and marketer, Jen Goode! And, if you are interested in sharing your essential tools for business, drop me a line at cpolanosky [at] gmaildotcom.