Archive for Lara Kulpa
I have said it before, but will say it again… one of the reasons I love my Essential Tools series so much is that it gives me a chance to reconnect with and learn more about my favorite Internet Pros. This week is no exception! ProBlogger Community Manager Lara Kulpa and I have been “running in the same circles” since our b5media days, but I had never really had a conversation with her – until today – and it was like we had known each other forever. We are both total geek girls with way too many similarities to mention.
As the community manager for Darren Rowse’s ProBlogger forum, Lara spends a lot of her time answering questions, working on ways to make the ProBlogger community more beneficial for its members and doing interviews. She is also the Assistant Editor at TwiTip, runs Ginkgo Consulting and has niche blog sites of her own, too.
Lara’s essential tools for online success include:
- Skype – Since Lara is based in the US and Darren and another board moderator are in Australia, Skype is absolutely a critical piece of her communication tool set. She also uses Skype when doing interviews for its built-in recording capabilities.
- All things Google. Lara is a self-proclaimed Google addict. From Google Docs to Gmail and everything in between, Lara would be lost without the big G. She did share a cool feature in Google Labs that lets you create email “canned” responses that are incredible time savers if you find yourself needing to send the same responses frequently.
- WordPress is her blogging and web development platform of choice.
- When it comes to coding, Lara is a girly girl (like me) and wants everything neat and pretty! She uses Edit Plus in conjunction with FileZilla FTP for truly efficient file management. She can open files from within Filezilla to edit directly in Edit Plus. Once the edits are made, the file is save and returned to the server via Filezilla.
- And for graphics, Lara is a Photoshop fan.
Thanks Lara for the opportunity to reconnect and get a glimpse into what you use to manage your very busy and successful online world!
Subscribe to the Essential Keystrokes feed so you don’t miss a single Essential Tools feature. If you are interested in sharing your essential tools for business, drop me a line at cpolanosky [at] gmaildotcom.